Family Law - Legal Assistant/Clerk (4240) Not Defined
Salary: Up to 70K
Family Legal Assistant Our Client, located on the West End of Toronto, is looking for a Family Law Legal Assistant/Clerk to work with a Gem of a Senior Partner. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of recent family law experience and excellent communication skills. If this describes you then you have just found your PERFECT job. Apply now!
- 3+ years of recent Family Law experience
- Law Clerk or Legal Assistant Diploma or Certification
- Proficiency in MS Office, PC Law, Divorcemate, and Worldox
- Experience dealing with courts and clients
- Knowledge of Family Law Rules and Court filing processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills and outstanding interpersonal and client service skills
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and detail orientation skills
- Dependable and flexible team player with ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have drafting experience and experience working with financial statements
- Draft and review correspondence, legal documents, Affidavit of Documents, pleadings briefs, and disclosure briefs.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Assist with trial and court preparations.
- Transcribe letters, memos, and documents.
- Communicate with clients and opposing counsel in a professional manner.
- Prepare, maintain, and organize client files.
- Schedule and maintain the law firm’s calendar.
- Oversee administrative and reception duties, such as filing, faxing, scanning/photocopying, etc.