MVA Case Manager (4170) Full Time
Case Manager – Rehabilitation
Our client is looking for a Case Manager to develop and oversee personalized programs of care and client support, review and manage case documentation, and provide claims administration assistance specifically for MVA clients.
- Conduct comprehensive intake admissions for new referrals through interview, assessment
- Review claim forms, medical reports, investigation reports, contract provisions etc. to determine eligibility of Short and Long Term Disability claims
- Evaluate and document the progress of individual therapeutic programs and make modifications, as required.
- Ensure a safe method of storing and disseminating information/data which is in line with privacy legislation.
- Facilitate and develop personalized plans of care that address needs, including return to work plans and workplace accommodations
- Review medical files to determine assessment approach and assign medical specialist
- Proof-read medical reports for continuity, consistency, accuracy, spelling, grammar and compliance with the SABS and employer policies.
- Support clients/family living with a variety of mental health or other conditions
- Facilitate client/ family access to secure housing, health care, school and community resources; assist client/family to develop natural resources and make contact with social support networks, provide resources as appropriate to meet client and family needs.
- Advocate for clients in identifying and ensuring needs are met
- Travel to outreach locations to meet with clients/ families, coordinate services and attend regular case management and case conference meetings
- Provide ongoing case management advice and claims support to referring parties (i.e. insurance adjusters, disability case managers)
- 5+ years case management experience preferred
- Experience as an Occupational Therapist or Social Worker preferred
- Health care and claims management knowledge
- Strong working experience with MVA, CAT clients
- Must be able to work independently and adapt to changing situations
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Empathetic and professional manner
Salary: Up to $70K
How to Apply: To apply, please submit your resume to Zaheeda Merali at firstname.lastname@example.org.