Legal Assistant-Patent (4138) Full Time
Award-winning firm highly recognized for its global reputation has a golden opportunity for a Patent Legal Assistant to work in their beautiful downtown office. This firm is one of the most experienced in patent and trademark law, so you will be learning from the best! Professionalism, poise and perseverance are the 3 Ps our client is looking in you. Amazing benefits, great working environment, perfect location for TTC riders- can’t be better! If you think you are a great fit for this role, apply now!
- Attend to the filing and/or prosecution of patent applications (Canadian and U.S.), including use of the USPTO electronic filing system.
- Prepare various USPTO documents from filing to payment of issue fee.
- Provide prosecution instructions to foreign associates.
- Monitor and follow up with appropriate parties on due dates and bring to the attention of the responsible party.
- Handle all administrative tasks for the practice such as: coordinating meeting, e-file management, opening and closing client files; billing; and maintenance of client contact information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum three (3) years patent assistant experience.
- Legal Assistant Diploma/ Certificate or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with document management systems an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products (WORD, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong team player that demonstrates excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and an ability to work independently.
To apply, forward your resume to Sabrina Ungar - Legal Support at email@example.com.