Personal Injury Lawyer - Kitchener (4068) Full Time
With over 35 years of experience, Cartel is considered one of Toronto's leading employment agencies servicing the legal community. Our clients are among the most distinguished law firms and our success lies in our applicants and their desire for the perfect career match. There is no fee to register with Cartel for any employment opportunity.
We listen. We're honest. Just ask your friends. They'll tell you. Cartel. Give us a call; we really do make the difference.
- Take responsibility for client intake, internal training, policy development, marketing events, etc.; lunch and learn, articles, etc.;
- Have an understanding of all law relevant to our work, and maintain legal knowledge through CLE;
- Provide training to articling and summer students or staff as directed, and from time to time;
- Contribute when and where asked by one of the partners on an as needed basis or as assigned to assist another lawyer on any case where needed;
- Responsibility for all client files of which you are assigned carriage;
- Determine file strategy, theory, and litigation plan;
- Draft and/or review pleadings, Affidavit of Documents, motion records, Notices of Appeal, Factum, statements of issues, and settlement conference memorandum;
- Coordinate all aspects of liability, financial and medical investigations required to present a consistent case in a straightforward manner;
- Meet with clients upon assignment of the file, to prepare them for examinations for discovery, mediations, settlement of offers, and as required, to provide legal advice and take instructions.
- Attend examinations for discovery, case conferences, mandatory mediations, private mediations, IBC and other insurance conferences, motions, appeals, pre-trial conferences, trials, and mediations/arbitrations and other hearings at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, LAT, etc.
- Negotiate details of the transfer of files to and from the office and other counsel or representatives of clients, including arrangements regarding copy of files and payment of accounts.
- Negotiate settlements.
One, First Canadian Place, Suite 2550
100 King Street West