Law Clerk- Construction Litigation (3992)
Calling all Litigation Clerks! Our client, a longstanding law firm, has an immediate position for a Construction Litigation Clerk/Assistant to work at their downtown Toronto location. If you have 5+ years of litigation experience and able to run a file from open to close then this opportunity is for you! The ideal candidate must have an excellent personality and a professional approach. Friendly staff, generous benefits, vacations honoured and perks galore! Apply now to be considered.
Salary: $60K - $70K
Main Duties Include:
- Assists lawyers with corporate matters, incorporations and organizations, amendments, amalgamations, continuances, etc.
- Drafting, serving and filing court documents in accordance with the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure and practice directions
- Performing PPSA, corporate and Teraview searches
- Opening and closing files
- Preparing client accounts
- File Maintenance
- Other administrative duties as required
- Minimum 5+ years’ of Litigation Law Clerk experience
- Wide-ranging knowledge of legal procedures is required
- Law Clerk Program diploma plus Member of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- Proficiency in MS office, Conveyancer, Teraview
- Capable of working independently, sound judgment and initiative required
- Strong mentoring, supervisory and leadership abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali - Manager, Law Clerk Division at email@example.com.