Director of Finance (3975) Full Time
- Direct activities within the Finance Department and motivate all team members.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and training to all staff.
- Ensure accounting processes and procedures are well documented, up-to-date and are being followed.
- Oversee all aspects of finance including: accounting, financial reporting, billing, collections, trust accounting, partnership accounting and tax remittances.
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of the consolidated monthly financial statements for the firm and related entities.
- Oversee the preparation of annual budgets; collaborate with individual practice groups, committees and departments.
- Ensure internal controls are adequate and are being followed. Update where required.
- Analyze and respond to requests for customized financial information from management, committees, etc.
- Complete annual filings for LSO, LawPro, etc.
- Maintain firm banking relationships, including annual review of credit facilities and quarterly reporting.
- Develop and supervise preparation of all detailed reports required by the firm's outside accountants for their year-end review and tax filings.
- Preparation of year-end financial statements including schedules and completion of partnership tax return.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Must hold a Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
- Must have a minimum 10 years’ experience working in the accounting department of a law firm, with at least 5 years working at a senior management level.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have advanced Excel skills and be proficient in other Microsoft products such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have experience working with an accounting software.