Director of Finance, 18 month contract (3827) Full Time Contract
Director of Finance
18 month contract
Once in a blue moon, a client such as this opens their doors. Looking to hire a Director of Finance, this is your opportunity to join one of Canada’s most outstanding law firms! Low turnover, work-life balance, charming office space, collegial work environment all make this one of the the best places to work.
Reporting to Partnership and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Finance Director will need to provide strong leadership to the finance team.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Establishment of financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems
- Make recommendations directly relating to the overall efficiencies and staffing levels of the finance team · Ensure that all internal accounting controls function effectively including: accounting, financial reporting, billing, collections, trust accounting and partnership accounting.
- Manage and motivate all team members
- Attend management and partnership meetings
- Oversee the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Prepare and plan for all firm income tax related matters
- Oversee the preparation of the firm’s annual budgets
- Complete all required annual filings, LSO LawPro, etc
- Develop and supervise preparation of all detailed reports for quarters, year-end reviews and tax filings.
- Must have CPA designation
- Minimum 10 years of management experience working at a law firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong skills in Aderant or similar accounting software