Law Clerk – Commercial/Civil Litigation (3690) Full Time
Our client is looking for a Law Clerk that is professional, tech-savvy and well-versed in commercial or civil litigation. If you love what you do and are committed to excellence, this could be the right fit for you! This position will be very fast paced and client driven, so your organization and communication skills must be top notch. Beautiful offices, competitive salary, generous benefits and vacations honoured! Apply now today for consideration.
Salary: Based on experience
Primary Duties Include
- Drafting routine motions, pleadings, including statements of claim, statements of defence, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc
- Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings, etc.
- Preparation and registration of claims for lien and certificates of action
- Preparation of mediation briefs and pre-trial memorandums
- Maintaining enforcement of judgment files and reporting upon litigation files
- Trial preparation including legal research, etc.
- Perfecting appeals including compiling appeal book and compendiums, factums and books of authorities
- Preparing charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence
- Creating a document database using Summation, cross-reference production and exhibit documents, etc.
- Other general administrative duties as required
- 3+ years of Commercial Litigation experience
- Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma
- Knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure
- Experience with class action files, e-discovery platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent business acumen
- Strong technical skills (including Microsoft Office)
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager- Law Clerk Division at email@example.com