Real Estate Legal Assistant/Clerk (4466) Full Time
Real Estate Legal Assistant/Clerk
Start this season with a fresh new opportunity at one of the nation’s leading law firms. Our Client is seeking a Legal Assistant for their beautiful Toronto office, located in the heart of the city. This position will have you working with two friendly and super laid back associates who are just looking for an individual who is reliable and has excellent communication skills. As a hybrid role you have the chance to grow professionally in a supportive environment. With benefits, perks, a competitive salary…it just keeps getting better! Apply now.
- Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma or Certificate;
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years previous legal assistant experience in commercial real estate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with emphasis on styles and formatting;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills;
- A client-centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adaptable to changing demands;
- Ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities; and
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Performing conflict searches, verifying client information, preparing retainer letters and other opening/closing file procedures;
- Preparing legal documents from written, oral and taped instructions and precedents in a commercial real estate and business law practice;
- Drafting usual correspondence to and communicating with clients on behalf of the instructing lawyer;
- Entering dockets and preparing accounts;
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence;
- Obtaining information and instructions from clients and forwarding to lawyer/clerk; and
- Managing bring forward system and web-based file management system and keeping lawyers apprised of matters.
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager – Executive Search at firstname.lastname@example.org