Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant (4250) Full Time
Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant
Our Client is a dynamic, supportive, and fast-paced firm searching for a Legal Assistant to work in their Bankruptcy/Insolvency group. With a competitive compensation package and a great team, this is where you need to be. Work remotely from the safety of your home, apply today!
- 3-5 years related Commercial Litigation experience
- Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma preferred
- Work experience in a legal environment
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of accounting/docketing systems and data management systems (PCLaw and iManage)
- Working knowledge of legal procedures, with a sound understanding of corporate transaction documents.
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills demonstrating attention to detail, proof-reading and accuracy
- Motivated team player able to work well with others of varying ages and backgrounds; willing to support and stand in for colleagues to cover absences.
- Strong problem solving skills along with the ability to work with little instruction or supervision.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to contribute to a positive team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and various transactional documents and forms.
- Preparing court documents, booking court appointments, examinations and client meetings.
- Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow up as required.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing files; maintaining precedent systems as may be required within the Firm protocol for knowledge management.
- Maintaining and organizing files in a timely manner both electronic and hard copy as required.
- General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms and making travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.