Litigation Law Clerk (4166) Full Time
Our client is an experienced and busy law firm, located in downtown Toronto, looking for a full-time permanent Litigation Law Clerk to join their accomplished team. Known for their attentiveness to both clients and employees, this firm’s employees saw no salary cuts, layoffs, or reduced hours. Bring your 3+ years litigation experience, strong communication skills along with advanced technical knowledge, and we will get you this interview!
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing court documents in accordance with the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure and practice directions
- Hearing and trial preparation, including preparing undertakings charts, motion records, etc.
- Opening/Closing files
- Preparation client accounts
- 3+ years of experience as a Litigation Law Clerk
- Knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure
- Experience using Teraview is an asset - Title searches and preparation of documentation (construction liens, application to delete construction lien, court orders, other)
- Experience using Aderant is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Writing sample required.