Legal Assistant- Litigation (3721) Full Time
Friendly, prominent Bay Street firm requires
your enthusiasm and 3+ years of experience.
Great Atmosphere. Our client has
a reputation for low turnover and treats employees exceptionally well. Positive morale within. Act quickly.
Salary: Up to $65K
Primary Duties Include
- Prepare, compile, file documents, court forms
- Responsible for follow up with lawyers concerning work activities
- Apply proofreading, editing skills, organize/maintain large complex litigation files, etc.
- Preparing and editing correspondence and legal documents (including motion records, affidavits of documents, factums and book of authorities).
- Provide support to other lawyers and staff as required
- Maintaining calendars, scheduling related to court material
- Client intake as well as opening and closing files
- Other administrative duties as required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a corporate/commercial litigation assistant
- College Diploma in Legal Administration
- Strong technical skills (including Microsoft Office 2007, Word 2007, Excel, ACL, Internet applications and digital dictation software)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff and clients
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, strong initiative and exceptional ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team oriented atmosphere
To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina Ungar, Manager – Legal Support at email@example.com