Senior Law Clerk - Corporate Law (3685) Full Time
Our client is a large full spectrum law firm in Toronto with an impressive 120 years of practicing law. They are seeking a senior corporate law clerk with at least 8 years’ experience, with an emphasis on tax matters, to work with a senior partner and a manager. You will require excellent organizational skills and have a solid foundation in corporate law. The ideal candidate must have initiative and able to work with minimal supervision. Excellent benefits, own offices, congenial environment – what’s more to ask? If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence today.
Primary Duties Include
- Drafting legal documentation including, but not limited to, incorporations, amalgamations, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, amendments, corporate organizations, partnerships and limited partnerships
- Incorporations and organizations and all corporate matters relating thereto (Federal and Ontario)
- Conducts due diligence reviews, summarizes and analyzes constating documents of corporations and effectively recommends changes thereto.
- Communicating with clients as required and managing client relationships
- Conducting basic minute book reviews, with supervision and direction
- Maintaining and updating databases
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 8 years of experience in corporate law
- Law Clerk diploma and ILCO Certification
- Have a solid foundation of legal concepts, experience and applications to the practice of Corporate Law
- Knowledge of OBCA & CBCA
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office and Corplink, Cyberbahn and Oncorp will be considered a strong asset.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and adjust to changing needs of the firm
- Well-developed written and oral communication skill
- Client-service oriented, including strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager – Law Clerk Division at email@example.com