Employment Lawyer (3587) Full Time
With over 35 years of experience, Cartel is considered one of Toronto's leading employment agencies servicing the legal community. Our clients are among the most distinguished law firms and our success lies in our applicants and their desire for the perfect career match. There is no fee to register with Cartel for any employment opportunity.
We listen. We're honest. Just ask your friends. They'll tell you. Cartel. Give us a call; we really do make the difference.
Position Title: Employment Lawyer
Our Downtown client, a well respected boutique, is seeking an experienced employment lawyer with 2-8 years' of experience.
The Lawyer will provide a range of legal services with emphasis on Employment, Human Rights, and Disability Law.
The hired Lawyer will work under supervision of the Principal Lawyer and serves as the first point of contact for his or her clients. You will help resolve legal issues between employers and employees in areas such as compensation, workplace safety, discrimination and harassment.
- Provide legal services with focus on Employment Law
- Conduct initial consultations, provide general legal advice and service and explain Employment Law to clients
- Work with business clients to provide guidance and practical solutions for labour and employment law issues
- Draft and review wide range of agreements, including offers of employment and severance agreements
- Review, draft and implement workplace policies and procedures
- Provide employment consulting and share expertise within Firm
- Handle files and schedule appointments and timelines on calendar
- Law Degree from approved institution
- 2 to 8 years’ experience as Employment Lawyer
- Member in good standing of Law Society of Upper Canada
If you are interested, please send your CV in confidence to: ben @ cartelinc.com
Ben Higham, JD, LL.M.
Director of Legal Recruitment
Cartel Inc. | First Canadian Place, Suite 2550