Legal Assistant – Intellectual Property Litigation (3540) Full Time
Our renowned client is on the hunt for a fresh face to join their team! They are seeking a Legal Assistant to assist a Partner within the Intellectual Property Litigation group. The ideal candidate will be exposed to some of the top professionals in the legal world, but the growth opportunity will be immense. Make sure to bring those 3 years of experience, multitasking and prioritization skills and we will do the rest! Apply today for consideration.
Salary: Up to $58K
Primary Duties Include
- Independently manage the daily operation of a Partner’s busy Intellectual Property Litigation practice which will become a share in the near future
- Assist with due date lists on a daily basis
- Review, process and file new trademark applications
- Prepare responses to notices and accurately prepare and file documents with CIPO
- Prepare and complete all necessary documentation with respect to client correspondence
- Preparation and filing of submissions to CIPO
- Monitoring and responding to time sensitive matters
- Ordering trademark searches and file histories
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients.
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
- Strong experience as an Intellectual Property Litigation Legal Assistant, with knowledge of Federal Court Rules
- Successful completion of a Post-Secondary education in related discipline
- Strong knowledge of Trademarks and Trademark Prosecution
- Solid understanding of filing requirements with CIPO
- Strong technical skills using MS Office 2013, Filesite (DMS), PATTSY
- Organized and meticulous with follow-up and detail
- Ability to take the initiative, prioritize and multitask
To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina Unger, Manager- Legal Support at email@example.com