Law Clerk - Commercial/Civil Litigation (Intermediate-Senior) (3503) Full Time
Our client is a young and happening boutique litigation firm with a reputation for being passionate in providing its clients with exceptional service. They are actively seeking a bright, personable and dedicated Law Clerk to work in their Commercial/Civil Litigation team. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3+ years of Commercial/Civil Litigation, along with the ability to work independently with little direction. Bring your energetic and positive attitude to the table, and we’ll do the rest! Apply in confidence today!
Salary: Up to $60K
Primary Duties Include
- Drafting routine motions, pleadings, including statements of claim, statements of defence, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings, etc.
- Preparation and registration of claims for lien and certificates of action
- Preparation of mediation briefs and pre-trial memorandums
- Maintaining enforcement of judgment files and reporting upon litigation files
- Trial preparation including legal research, etc.
- Perfecting appeals including compiling appeal book and compendiums, factums and books of authorities
- Preparing charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence
- Creating a document database using Summation, cross-reference production and exhibit documents, etc.
- Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma
- 3+ years’ Commercial or Civil Litigation as a Law Clerk
- Strong knowledge of Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure
- Experience with Court of Appeal and Supreme Court filings
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager- Law Clerk Division at firstname.lastname@example.org