Intermediate Law Clerk/Assistant - Civil Litigation (3501) Full Time
Our client is a distinguished litigation boutique situated in North York with a knack for high profile cases! They are looking for a bright and enthusiastic law clerk/legal assistant with a minimum of 5 years of civil litigation experience. The position will require excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize effectively with competing deadlines. Take your career to the next level at this prestigious, esteemed law firm! Apply now to obtain an interview.
Salary: Up to $62K
Primary Duties Include
- Drafting routine motions, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings, etc.
- Maintaining enforcement of judgment files
- Trial preparation including legal research, etc.
- Perfecting appeals including compiling appeal book and compendiums, factums and books of authorities
- Preparing charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence
- Creating a document database using Summation, cross-reference production and exhibit documents, etc.
- Maintaining tickler system
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5 years of Civil Litigation experience
- Proficiency with ACL III, PC law and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong working knowledge of the rules of civil procedure
- Ability to draft and send out correspondence with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager- Law Clerk Division at email@example.com