Law Clerk – Commercial Litigation (3339) Full Time
Our leading client is looking to hire a Commercial Litigation Law Clerk.
Candidates are required to have a minimum of 5+ years of Commercial Litigation
experience. Previous hands on experience with class action files is an asset for this opportunity. Candidates must have exceptional time management skills
and have the ability to work effectively with minimal direction. Apply today to
Primary Duties Include
- Drafting routine motions, pleadings, including statements of claim, statements of defence, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings, etc.
- Preparation and registration of claims for lien and certificates of action
- Preparation of mediation briefs and pre-trial memorandums
- Maintaining enforcement of judgment files and reporting upon litigation files
- Trial preparation including legal research, etc.
- Perfecting appeals including compiling appeal book and compendiums, factums and books of authorities
- Preparing charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence
- Creating a document database using Summation, cross-reference production and exhibit documents, etc.
- Other general administrative duties as required
- 5+ years of Commercial Litigation experience
- Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma
- Knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure
- Experience with class action files
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skill
- Strong technical skills (including Microsoft Office)
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager- Law Clerk Division at email@example.com