Corporate Law Clerk
Corporate Law Clerk
CALLING ALL CORPORATE LAW CLERKS! We have a rare opportunity at an outstanding firm and you won’t want to miss this! Our Client is looking to expand their already busy firm, and want a dedicated and personable Corporate Law Clerk to join their team. The firm offers you stability, benefits, perks, and also have a friendly team of professionals that will make you feel welcome. In this role you will be required to handle administrative duties, prepare and file documents and collaborate with other clerks in other Groups, allowing you to perfect your skills and gain new ones. Benefits & Perks offered. This firm has it all – apply now!
- Minimum of 3 years of corporate commercial law experience including general corporate maintenance, searches, registrations, and filings
- Corporate transactional work experience is considered an asset
- Post-secondary education with a Law Clerk designation
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook), electronic corporate records management systems and databases, and law firm docketing and billing software.
- Basic knowledge of corporate legislation and some experience with corporate documents in Ontario and other Canadian jurisdictions.
- Basic knowledge of OBCA, CBCA, CIA, LP Act.
- Routine ongoing corporate work, including maintaining corporate minute books, internal electronic records and databases of corporations
- Preparing and filing corporate and extra-provincial filings and registrations
- Working closely with senior law clerks to support private company M&A transactions and financing transactions, including document preparation, organization and due diligence
- Preparing and managing standard corporate documents and governance
- Working closely with senior law clerks to handle structuring and restructuring transactions, including organization of new corporations and partnerships, ownership changes and corporate group restructuring.
- Conducting public registry searches
- Collaborating with specialized clerks in our securities, estates and real estate groups, and clerks at our sister firms in jurisdictions other than Ontario
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager –Law Clerk Division at firstname.lastname@example.org