Law Clerk (Construction) - Richmond Hill - Why Commute Earn More! (3396) Full Time
Our client, a stable litigation law firm located in Richmond Hill, is currently looking to hire a construction litigation law clerk. The ideal candidate must be able to handle a file independently and be open to learning. If you have 2+ years experience in construction litigation and are ready to work closer to home, we have an interview for you.
Salary: Up to $65K
- Organize and maintain litigation files.
- Extensive knowledge of the litigation process and court system. Preparation of pleadings, motions, affidavits of documents including preparation of costs outlines or bill of costs, order judgments and enforcement documents.
- Act as a liaison between lawyer/client and lawyer/opposing counsel.
- Arranging for service and filing of Court documents and liaison with court staff.
- Maintain lawyer’s calendar including bring forward or task reminder for all correspondence sent out.
- Reviewing and summarizing examination transcripts.
- Maintaining and updating precedents.
- Assist counsel in trial preparation.
- Prepare subpoena and service.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Minimum of five years of current Litigation Law Clerk experience.
- Experience in construction lien litigation.
- Extensive knowledge of the litigation process and court system.
Eagerness to learn and further develop skills as a Law Clerk.
Possess a Law Clerk’s certificate/diploma from an approved institution or be working towards it.
- Thorough knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Strong technical skills using MS Office 2010. Experience with ACL and Lighthouse would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and meticulous with follow-up and detail.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative, prioritize and multitask.
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Flexible, team player who is passionate about providing quality service and work product to clients.
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager - Law Clerk Division at zaheeda @ cartelinc.com