Legal Assistant – Tort (3308) Full Time
Our client, a distinguished Insurance Defence
firm located in the heart of downtown Toronto, is looking to hire a detail
oriented, energetic and organized Legal Assistant in Tort. Working with a top
expert in the field will take you on a career path which you have always
dreamed of. Bring your 5-10 years of experience and drive to the forefront!
Benefits, perks and a congenial environment are all waiting for you. Apply
today in the strictest confidence.
Salary: Up to $58K
Primary Duties Include
- Prepare, compile, file and serve factums, pleadings, affidavits, etc.
- Responsible for follow up with lawyers concerning work activities
- Apply proofreading, editing skills, organize/maintain large complex litigation files, etc.
- Produce billing statements and prepare pre-bills where required
- Act as liaison between clients and clerks/lawyers
- Maintaining calendars, scheduling, and travel arrangements
- Client intake as well as opening and closing files
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Insurance Defence, Tort law
- Legal Assistant certificate/diploma plus additional courses
- Knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure essential
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Must be hardworking and have the ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and technical skills (including MS Office applications)
To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina Ungar, Manager – Legal Support at email@example.com