Law Clerk – Civil Litigation (3060) Full Time
The doors have opened up for law clerks in the west-end! Our client is seeking a bright civil litigation law clerk in their boutique Mississauga law firm. Prepare to deal with interesting cases and work alongside this award-winning team. The ideal candidate will need at least 3 years of civil litigation law experience, a personality, and a willingness to learn and grow with the company. If interested, please forward your resume immediately for consideration!
Primary Duties Include
- Drafting routine motions, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings, etc.
- Maintaining enforcement of judgment files
- Trial preparation including legal research, etc.
- Perfecting appeals including compiling appeal book and compendiums, factums and books of authorities
- Preparing charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence
- Creating a document database using Summation, cross-reference production and exhibit documents, etc.
- Maintaining tickler system
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 3 years of Litigation experience
- Experience with family law and personal injury is a bonus
- Strong working knowledge of the rules of civil procedure.
- Ability to draft and send out correspondence with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Tickler System, PC law and Microsoft Office Suite
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager – Law Clerk Division at firstname.lastname@example.org