Law Clerk - Commercial Litigation (2864) Full Time
Our client is a young and
happening boutique litigation firm with a reputation for being passionate in
providing its clients with exceptional service. They are actively seeking a
bright, personable and dedicated Law Clerk to work in their Commercial
Litigation team. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3+ years of
Commercial Litigation, along with the ability to work independently with little
direction. Bring your energetic and positive attitude to the table, and we’ll
do the rest! This is a perfect opportunity for an exceptional Law Clerk who is
looking to do more and stand out. This is your time to shine within a law firm
that offers a welcoming environment and generous benefits. Friendly firm with
tremendous growth prospects! Apply in confidence today!!
Primary Duties Include
- Drafting routine motions, pleadings, including statements of claim, statements of defence, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings, etc.
- Preparation and registration of claims for lien and certificates of action
- Preparation of mediation briefs and pre-trial memorandums
- Maintaining enforcement of judgment files and reporting upon litigation files
- Trial preparation including legal research, etc.
- Perfecting appeals including compiling appeal book and compendiums, factums and books of authorities
- Preparing charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence
- Creating a document database using Summation, cross-reference production and exhibit documents, etc.
- Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma
- 3+ years’ Commercial Litigation, Real Property Litigation, Construction Litigation and Fraud experience as a Law Clerk or Paralegal
- Strong knowledge of Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure
- Experience with Court of Appeal and Supreme Court filings
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager- Law Clerk Division at firstname.lastname@example.org