Legal Assistant – Commercial Litigation (3530) Full Time
Our client, a mid-sized law firm in the downtown core is seeking a bright and enthusiastic legal assistant with 5+ years of litigation experience. You will be working for a partner and an associate in commercial litigation. Bring your exceptional organization and communication skills and we'll get you an interview! Apply today in confidence.
Salary: Up to $58K
Primary Duties Include
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing court documents
- Dicta transcription
- Schedule management – including organizing client meetings, making travel arrangements, maintaining lawyer’s calendar, etc.
- Filing, photocopying, scanning etc.
- Managing email and mail correspondence
- Preparation of expense reports, docket entries, accounts and other administrative duties as required
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Commercial Litigation
- Legal Assistant diploma, plus additional courses an asset
- Employment law experience an asset
- Must have experience with DMS software
- Strong knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and all levels of staff
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work efficiently while managing multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional technical skills (including MS Office)
- Must be extremely flexible to meet the daily needs of the practice
To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina Ungar, Manager - Legal Support at email@example.com