Legal Assistant – Commercial Real Estate (3460) Full Time
Our client, a sophisticated mid-sized firm, is
looking for a Commercial/Residential Real Estate Legal Assistant to lend their
expertise to this busy Toronto firm. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of
experience specializing in Commercial/Residential Real Estate. If you take
great pride in your work and are looking for a new challenge, then this is the
job for you! Amazing perks, friendly atmosphere, vacations honoured! Apply in
Salary: $50K - $55K
Primary Duties Include
- General Legal Administrative duties including opening and maintaining files, drafting and sending correspondence, etc.
- Provide assistance on various Commercial Real Estate Leasing matters including drafting of reports, residential mortgages, providing ongoing administration for Resident/Non Resident Registrations, Lease/Notice of Lease, Amendments, Extensions, Terminations, etc.
- Filing and record-keeping, maintaining internal databases
- Responding to client inquires and requests
- Interfacing with testators, executors, beneficiaries, courts, etc.
- Other duties including calendar management, diarize deadlines/follow-up dates, incoming mail/emails, docketing, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in purchase and sales (mostly commercial, some residential)
- Legal Assistant diploma plus additional courses an asset
- Legal Administrative diploma and Law Firm experience an absolute must
- Familiarity with Wills and Estate matters an asset
- Excellent computer skills including MSO Suite and Teraview
- Strong organization, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing accordingly along with basic bookkeeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills accompanies with strong legal research skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager – Law Clerk Division at firstname.lastname@example.org