Legal Assistant – Tort (3341) Full Time
Our client is Canada’s premier mid-sized Insurance Defence Litigation
firm located in downtown Toronto with a history spanning over half a century!
They are in search of a Legal Assistant with at least 4+ years of Insurance
Defence Tort experience. This is a tremendous opportunity to work with the very
best, so don’t hesitate to apply today! Social firm, amazing benefits,
beautifully appointed offices and vacations honoured. Apply now!
Salary: Up to $60K
Primary Duties Include
- Prepare, compile, file and serve factums, pleadings, affidavits, etc.
- Responsible for follow up with lawyers concerning work activities
- Apply proofreading, editing skills, organize/maintain large complex litigation files, etc.
- Produce billing statements and prepare pre-bills where required
- Act as liaison between clients and clerks/lawyers
- Maintaining calendars, scheduling, and travel arrangements
- Client intake as well as opening and closing files
- Other general administrative duties as required
- 4+ years of Tort experience in a law firm
- Legal Assistant certificate/diploma plus additional courses
- Knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure essential
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Must be hardworking and have the ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and technical skills (including MS Office applications)
To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina Ungar, Manager- Legal Support at firstname.lastname@example.org