Immigration Law Clerk for North York All Star Team (3295) Full Time
Our client is accepting applications for the full-time position of Law Clerk.
They require an individual with a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a busy law firm environment. A top benefits package will be provided.
The main functions of the job will consist of:
- Assisting and interacting with and communicating with clients on a daily basis- File opening, maintenance and managing all aspects of files
- Organizing file lists
- Working with lawyer(s) and regulated canadian immigration consultants with responsibility for many files
- Attending to tasks such as preparation of relevant immigration forms for the full range of Canadian temporary (including but not limited to LMIA, open permits, post graduate permits) and permanent residence (Express Entry, CEC, Federal Skilled Workers, PNP, Family Class), temporary resident visas, inadmissibility issues, permanent residence issues (PR card renewal, residency obligations, travel documents), citizenship matters
- Preparing draft submissions for review by lawyers and regulated canadian immigration consultants
- Filing applications to the port of entry, case processing centre, central intake office, on line, embassy/consulate, EDSC, VAC, employer portal as is appropriate
- Requesting and reviewing documentation from clients
- Submitting and monitoring all files
- Preparing letters and general file correspondence
You will be required to possess demonstrable knowledge of Canadian immigration law and have experience in preparing forms and submissions pertaining to permanent residence, all kinds of work permits, labour market impact assessments and other Canadian immigration filings. Excellent client communication skills and written abilities are mandatory, as is professionalism and an enthusiastic demeanor.Posting QualificationsPost
-secondary education in a related field, relevant legal assistant diploma, combined with work experience- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized self-starter
- Advance level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Demonstrated aptitude to prioritize tasks based on comparative importance and urgency
- Ability to work collaboratively
To discuss this role further, please submit your CV to:
ben @ cartelinc.com
B.S., JD., LL.M.
Director of Legal Recruiting
One, First Canadian Place, Suite 2550
100 King Street West
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5X 1A4
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.