In-house Paralegal – Litigation (Vancouver) (3234) Full Time
Our client is a corporate giant and is ready to
welcome a high caliber professional to join the Legal department in downtown
Vancouver. They are seeking a candidate with at least 7 years of experience in
the legal industry with a solid background in litigation. You must have
impeccable communication skills as well as excellent multi-tasking abilities.
Familiarity with property and casualty litigation files is a strong asset.
Outstanding benefits, down-to-earth firm, and low turnover – this is the place
to be! Apply today in the strictest of confidence.
Primary Duties Include
- Provide administrative support such as scheduling meetings, photocopying, drafting correspondence, creating trial binders, etc.
- Summarize undertakings and other documents, including medical records/transcripts
- Prepare and edit correspondence and legal documents · Organize documents by uploading and performing Summation searches on questioning transcripts is an asset
- Manage workflow, monitor calendars and meet various deadlines
- Interact with clients to schedule appointments
- Dicta-typing / word processing and general office duties
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 7 years of Litigation experience as a paralegal
- Working knowledge of the Supreme Court of British Columbia procedures and forms
- Strong document management and technical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and take initiative
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager- Law Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org