Law Clerk – Civil Litigation (3087) Full Time
It's time to take your career to new heights without
having to make that tedious commute downtown! Our client, a well-respected
litigation firm in the west-end is actively seeking a bright, quick and
organized Civil Litigation Law Clerk to join their team and hit the ground
running! The position requires a candidate with a minimum of 2 years of litigation
experience. If you are smart, dedicated and willing to roll up your sleeves and
help this team, we are very interested in meeting with you! Warm atmosphere, generous starting salary,
exceptional benefits and low turnover! Apply today to be considered!
Salary: Up to $60K
Primary Duties Include
- Drafting routine motions, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings, etc.
- Maintaining enforcement of judgment files
- Trial preparation including legal research, etc.
- Perfecting appeals including compiling appeal book and compendiums, factums and books of authorities
- Preparing charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence
- Creating a document database using Summation, cross-reference production and exhibit documents, etc
- Maintaining tickler system
- Other duties as required
- 2-3 years of experience in Civil Litigation
- Law Clerk/ILCO Certification
- Experience with family law and personal injury is a bonus
- Strong working knowledge of the rules of civil procedure
- Ability to draft and send out correspondence with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Tickler System, PC law and Microsoft Office Suite
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager- Law Clerk Division at firstname.lastname@example.org