Law Clerk – Commercial Litigation (3067) Full Time
With over 100 practicing lawyers, this full-service
Law Firm is located in the heart of the Downtown core. Currently, they have an
opening for Commercial Litigation Law Clerk. Candidates are required to have a
minimum of 3+ years of Commercial Litigation experience. Previous hands on
experience with Summation is critical for this opportunity. Candidates must
have exceptional time management skills and have the ability to work
effectively with minimal direction. If you're looking to join a highly
reputable large law firm, please apply in confidence.
Salary: Up to $60K
Primary Duties Include
- Drafting routine motions, pleadings, including statements of claim, statements of defence, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings, etc.
- Preparation and registration of claims for lien and certificates of action
- Preparation of mediation briefs and pre-trial memorandums
- Maintaining enforcement of judgment files and reporting upon litigation files
- Trial preparation including legal research, etc.
- Perfecting appeals including compiling appeal book and compendiums, factums and books of authorities
- Preparing charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence
- Creating a document database using Summation, cross-reference production and exhibit documents, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 3 years of Commercial Litigation experience
- Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma
- Experience with summation or relativity software is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skill
- Strong technical skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager- Law Clerk Division at firstname.lastname@example.org