Legal Assistant- Corporate Commercial (2822) Full Time
Tired of the long commute into the City?! Cartel has a
“tempting” offer that will have you ecstatic to be working this close to home.
Our Client located in Markham is very actively seeking a sophisticated and
professional Legal Assistant. The ideal candidate will come with 3+ years of
experience working with a sole practitioner along with experience in Corporate
Commercial files, Real Estate financings, Commercial Litigation and Construction
lien dealings. The position will require someone that is bright, energetic and
quick on their toes. If you know the "ins and outs" and have the
experience we need, then let’s get you this job! If this sounds like a good fit,
it’s time for you to apply! Experience the best of the best! Apply today!
Salary: Up to $50K
Primary Duties Include
- Organize and maintain client files
- Draft, transcribe and type legal documents
- Organize and expedite flow of work
- Draft and respond to correspondence
- Initiate follow-up as required and communicate with clients
- Calendar management, scheduling meetings and book boardrooms
- Prepare and coordinate client billings
- Perform administrative duties including accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, cheque requisitions, etc.
- Perform administrative and general office and other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of Legal Assistant diploma
- 3+ years of Corporate Commercial experience
- Real Estate experience considered an asset
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Detail oriented with good proofreading, multi-tasking skills, strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative, work well independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills including MSO Suite 2010, Adobe, PC Law, Teraview, CorpLink, Conveyancer, etc.
- Availability to work overtime, when necessary