Law Clerk- Civil Litigation (2813) Full Time
Our client is a boutique firm specialized law firm that is
known for its work in Employment and Human Rights. They are strategically
located in the Toronto Midtown area and are actively seeking a Law Clerk with
experience in Civil Litigation to join their team with 3+ years of experience.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional technical, transcription and document
production skills, with a strong knowledge of the procedures and the Rules of
Civil Procedure. Additionally, your communication and interpersonal skills must
be on point, as you will be working in a team environment. Bring us your strong
references and resume, and we’ll set you up for an interview! Apply today!
Primary Duties Include
- Performing a variety of legal administrative duties
- Drafting routine motions, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings, etc.
- Maintaining enforcement of judgment files
- Trial preparation including legal research, etc.
- Perfecting appeals including compiling appeal book and compendiums, factums and books of authorities
- Preparing charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence
- Creating a document database using Summation, cross-reference production and exhibit documents, etc.
- Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma
- 3+ years’ Civil Litigation experience as a Law Clerk
- Employment and Human Rights law experience a tremendous asset
- Strong knowledge of Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure
- Experience with Court of Appeal and Supreme Court filings
- Proficiency with Cyberbahn, Bar-Ex, Teraview and Summation along with Microsoft Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and transcription
To apply, please forward your resume to Zaheeda Merali, Manager- Law Clerk Division at firstname.lastname@example.org