Law Clerk – Civil/Commercial Litigation (2812) Full Time Contract
you been seeking a position that offers you security, a professional environment,
and 100% benefits? It's finally here! Our Client s passionate in providing its clients with
exceptional service. They are actively seeking a bright and dedicated Law Clerk
to work in their Commercial Litigation team on a contract basis. The ideal candidate will have a
minimum of 2+ years of Civil and Commercial Litigation experience. Bring your
energetic and positive attitude to the table, and we’ll do the rest! This is a
perfect opportunity for an exceptional Law Clerk who is looking to do more and
stand out. This is your opportunity to shine within a law firm that offers a
welcoming environment and generous benefits. Friendly firm with tremendous
growth prospects! Apply in confidence today!!
Primary Duties Include
- Drafting routine motions, judgments, orders, affidavits of documents, etc.
- Reviewing and summarizing transcripts of examinations and isolating undertakings, etc.
- Maintaining enforcement of judgment files
- Trial preparation including legal research, etc.
- Perfecting appeals including compiling appeal book and compendiums, factums and books of authorities
- Preparing charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence
- Creating a document database using Summation, cross-reference production and exhibit documents, etc.
- Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma
- 2+ years’ experience as a Law Clerk or Paralegal
- Strong knowledge of Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure
- Experience with Court of Appeal and Supreme Court filings
- Proficiency with Cyberbahn, Bar-Ex, Teraview and Summation along with Microsoft Office Suite